Revision Guide – Film Studies
SUBJECT: FILM STUDIES
EXAM BOARD AND CODE: EDUQAS C670QS
NUMBER OF PAPERS: 2
LENGTH OF PAPERS: Both Papers are 1 hour and 30 minutes
EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: Black pen
WEBSITE LINK: https://www.eduqas.co.uk/qualifications/film-studies/gcse/
Topics to be revised
- Rebel Without a Cause (Ray, 1955)
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (Hughes, 1986) –
- Key developments in film and film technology
- Specialist Writing on Little Miss Sunshine (Dayton & Faris, 2006)
- Slumdog Millionaire (Boyle, 2008)
- Wadjda (al-Mansour, 2011)
- Attack the Block (Cornish, 2011)
1. Rewatch the films
These are available from the school library, the public library or to buy on
Amazon (or elsewhere).
Wadjda and Attack the Block are available on youtube.
Attack the Block: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogJIQADmHtQ&t=706s&spfreload=10
2. Use the revision activities in the Revision Booklet available through Student Services and on go4schools
3. Have a go at the practice questions in the Revision Booklet
If you would like longer responses marked, please email them to
firstname.lastname@example.org or hand them to Ms Ollett in lesson time.
- Read the questions carefully, especially the key Film Studies terminology and the number of examples required.
- Allocate time appropriately according to marks available
- Spend a couple of minutes planning longer responses in order to ensure that you construct an argument in response to the question
- Use precise Film Terminology in your responses
- In longer responses, analyse one or two scenes in detail, rather than lots in brief
- Do not start ‘telling the story’ of the film – focus on the question
Download a printable version here