Debating is an important part of the culture at King Edward VI School. We have weekly debates in the Foundation Room after school every Tuesday (with tea and cake). Everyone is welcome to attend.
We also take part in many competitions and have a national reputation for the quality of our debating.
- This house would have a single European language
- This house would abolish exams
- This house would re-introduce the death penalty
- This house supports the right to hunt
- This House has no confidence in Her Majesty’s Government
- This House would bring back the death penalty
- This House calls for greater use of nuclear energy
- This House would ban smoking
- This House would make voting compulsory
- This House can justify the assassination of dictators
- This house would end farming subsidies in the European Union
- This house would clone human beings.
Debating Society on Twitter
Visit the Debating Society on Twitter.
- To learn more about the rules of debating:
- Cambridge Union:
- Oxford Union:
- English Speaking Union:
- Debatabase (best place for research):
- Guardian (for research):