We have an excellent track record of success. A third of our students join us for Year 12, from more than twenty schools across the region.
- A wide range of subjects and possible combinations of subjects at A level – 28 A-levels, and the Extended Project Qualification
- A variety of challenging and fun extra-curricular opportunities: from debating to orchestra, sports clubs to law society
- The ability to construct a timetable around your aspirations and the career you want to pursue, or to have breadth and to keep your options open
High Quality Provision
- Excellent results, consistently high over many years. In the Summer of 2017 over 84% of subject entries gained A*-C grades and 58% of our entries were A*-B grades. This places us in the top 20% of schools nationally.
- “Behaviour and attitudes in the Sixth Form are exemplary … teaching is often outstanding … most students make good progress and attain high standards in Advanced Level Awards” Ofsted May 2012
- Teaching staff are specialists in their own subject, often with experience of examining
- Extensive facilities for teaching and learning, as well as independent study spaces. We have outstanding music, music technology and arts facilities.
- A focus on sport: excellent facilities including our own gym and access to an athletics track. Multiple clubs activities and sports tours as well as being cited next to Abbeycroft Leisure Centre.
Support and Guidance
- A supportive pastoral system– we have Sixth Form tutor groups which comprise Year 12 and 13. Those tutors are specialists who support Sixth Form students through A-levels, UCAS applications and are on hand to give guidance and support
- A highly experienced team to prepare students for applying to university and to employment – including assisting students applying for the most competitive courses and institutions
- A tailored programme for students applying to Oxford, Cambridge, Medicine, Veterinary Science and Dentistry, and all of the most competitive courses on offer.