Grade 3 SCP 4-6
£21,189 – £21,968 (Pro Rata)
£9720 – £10,083 (Actual)
Pay award pending
20 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
To start ASAP
- To support the Music team in delivering high-quality teaching to all students.
- To support the extra-curricular activities within the department.
- Support student recordings for both GCSE and KS3 lessons
- Management of equipment for lessons and extra-curricular activities (in particular the setting up and management of live-sound equipment e.g. setting up speakers, amps, microphones and mixing for a variety of events such as school concerts and open-mic sessions)
- There may be an opportunity, for the right candidate, to take on an Instructor role for a small number of timetabled lessons
You will need:
- Good level of general education together with good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Background within Music and a good knowledge of the technology used within this area
- Experience of working with live-sound equipment
King Edward VI School is a successful, oversubscribed 11-16 school. We are situated in the historic town of Bury St Edmunds (‘the jewel in the crown of Suffolk’), surrounded by beautiful countryside – just over an hour by train to London, and a 30-minute drive to Cambridge.
We will offer you:
The opportunity to work with a supportive team of colleagues with a focus on putting our students at the centre of everything we do.
For more information:
We are receptive to requests for a pre-visit and/or informal contact ahead of making an application. For an informal conversation about this vacancy, or to arrange a visit, please contact Sarah Trueman, HR & Training Manager email@example.com or by calling 01284 716180 (option 3)
How to apply:
Please see the job description for more details and completed applications to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9 am Monday 27 March 2023
Interview date: TBC