Grade 4 SCP 9 – 11
£18784 – £19931 (actual)
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (term time + 1)
To start asap
Will be to manage and oversee our Library, which is a very central, integral part of our school provision.
• Source, order, care for and check in/out books and magazines in the Library which are appropriate for the age range of students at the school and will stimulate and encourage their interest in books. Ensure non-fiction is current and accurate.
• Manage the Library budget
• Create and maintain a range of stimulating and imaginative displays in the Library and corridor making explicit links with Department/Faculty areas
• Co-ordinate and oversee the booking of the Library and Library meeting room including ICT facilities
• Oversee the use of the photocopier in the Library
• Promote the use of the Library with teaching staff
You will need:
• Experience of working with children and young people
• A desire and willingness to promote our Literacy strategy across the whole school
• Good communication skills
• Librarian experience would be preferred but is not essential
King Edward VI CEVC School is a successful, oversubscribed 11-16 school. We are situated in the historic town of Bury St Edmunds (‘the jewel in the crown of Suffolk’), surrounded by beautiful countryside – just over an hour by train to London, and a 30-minute drive to Cambridge.
We will offer you:
The opportunity to work with a supportive team of colleagues with a focus on putting our students at the centre of everything we do.
For more information:
For an informal discussion only, please contact Sarah Trueman on 01284 716180 option 3. Alternatively please email email@example.com
How to apply:
Please see the attached job description and completed application to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 2 September 2022
Interview date: TBC